Morsi: I’m the Real President!!! And Other News…

Morsi President

Someone is feeling a little delusional… Ousted Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi’s murder trial began today and Morsi is not having it.

Morsi defiantly told the court he is the “legitimate president” and as a result the case is illegitimate. Morsi, who, along with 14 other Muslim Brotherhood figures, faces charges of inciting the killing of protesters outside the presidential palace in 2012, also refused to wear the white prison uniform. He and his 14 codefendants, who were being held in a cage in the courtroom, chanted “illegal, illegal” as the court proceedings began. When asked to give his name, the former president said, “I am Dr Mohammed Morsi, the president of the republic. I am Egypt’s legitimate president. You have no right to conduct a trial into presidential matters.” While the judge didn’t totally buy it, he did adjourn the trial until January. BBC News

Rob FordToronto Mayor Rob Ford may be a heavy drinker known to make a fool of himself in public, but he’s no crack addict! At least, according to him. Last week, Toronto police Chief Bill Blair revealed that investigators have recovered a mysterious video of Rob Ford that shows him engaged in activities “consistent” with the media’s widespread crack allegations. Ford then used his weekly radio show to apologize for “mistakes” and drunken behaviour – but insisted he does not smoke crack and will NOT leave office.  “I’m not an alcoholic, I’m not a drug addict,” Ford said. “If I had a problem, I’d be the first one to say I’m not fit to run the city.” After admitting he enjoys a “few cocktails,” Ford added that he will try to limit his drinking in the future. “Have I drank a little too much at times? You’re absolutely right. Am I going to curb that? Absolutely I’m going to curb that.” So… he does have a drinking problem? CBC News

Rand PaulThe Rand Paul plagiarism accusations continue this week with the latest claim that the Kentucky Senator took 1,318 words of his book Government Bullies from a 2003 Heritage Foundation report. Although he had included a link to the Heritage Foundation in the footnotes, he forgot that he was supposed to paraphrase, not use the exact same words. Since it’s the third plagiarism accusation in a week for Rand Paul, he decided to respond… by challenging the footnote police to a duel. Paul said he takes accusations of plagiarism “as an insult” and “if dueling were legal in Kentucky, if they keep it up, you know it’d be a duel challenge.” He also insisted that the “spoken word” should bot be held to the same standard as “if you’re giving a scientific paper” and that 98 percent of his speeches were unrehearsed. And the other 2 percent come straight from Wikipedia. Politico

King TutWell, I’m glad that’s finally solved. The story of King Tut’s mysterious death has now come to an end. A strange end involving spontaneous combustion… but an end nonetheless. King Tut died in 1323 BC and was found several years later in 1922. Now British experts believe they have uncovered the cause of the young pharaoh’s death – a chariot crash. After performing a “vitural autopsy,” researchers concluded that a chariot crashed into him when he was kneeling – presumably while praying or giving a BJ. But that still didn’t explain the burned flesh on his bones. Turns out a botched mummification caused the body to spontaneously combust while in the tomb. Terrible pun in 3..2..1.. looks like this cold case just got hot. USA Today

Nazi LootNazi loot found! Hundreds of works of art by Picasso, Matisse and other famous artists, which were seized by the Nazis, have been found among piles of rotting groceries in a German apartment. The artwork, reportedly worth more than $1 billion was discovered by Germany investigators when the son of Hildebrand Gurlitt, a modern art specialist recruited by the Nazis, was found carrying a suspiciously large amount of cash. Cornelius Gurlitt, 80, inherited the paintings when his father died and kept them hidden in darkened rooms in his “disheveled, food-littered apartment in Munich,” selling one off whenever he needed money. Cornelius claims he was “unaware” of the origins of the paintings – which either makes him an incredibly stupid person or an incredibly bad liar. Although the paintings were uncovered two years ago, German authorities are just now releasing the details. Perhaps to coincide with a certain Hollywood movie…? NBC News

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply